Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

"Every Girl's Crazy 'bout a Sharp-Dressed Man..."


There is nothing like a well dressed man...It is the essence of grown and sexy fresh and clean. Today's blog is my valentine's card to all the men that have made me pause, rewind, and play them back in slow motion...With fashion week upon us I wanted to give a highlight on the end of winter must-haves before we start splurging on spring and summer's wishlist. So my lovelies this is what makes me turn my head....

First on Deck: The First Date Suit


Nothing can stop a man with a plan. If you show up on our first evening in a suit (minus the face mask)...there is almost a guarantee that there will be a second date. I love the "just leaving the office look" especially when it is done in casual cool like the ones above. I am a bit more generous with a hemline but these are a few of my favorites (Bottega Venatta, Varvatos, Alexander Mcqueen (RIP), Gucci)



Casual Friday: I love a bulky knit on a pair of broad shoulders especially one that i can "borrow"aka wear with my skinny jeans and boots. :)
Left to Right: Varvatos, Mcqueen, Rocawear

...see the quick look at the end of the post...

Menswear steps off the runway and into Graham and Brown Marcel's wallpaper the pinstripe and dark color add a richness to and subtle texture to wall creating a masculine but balanced feel.


Zach Motls knows about balance his 178 square foot apartment in Clinton Hill Brooklyn is a balance in function and fashion. His rich masculine colors and use of space is worthy of mention. Click here for the NY Times story.


As part of my valentines gift I offer up a small gift to my homme boyz: Supermodels. Love magazine has issued absolutely beautiful spread featuring the fashion icons in elegant nudes. I think these prints are art, worthy of matting and framing.
Love Magazine Current Issue:


QUICK DATE LOOK: Club Monaco Shirt, cashmere cardigan, Jean and Billy tie, Pee Wee Herman Nike Dunks, Nixon Watch, Target scarf



Burberry, Burberry

To end Ill say thank you via advertisment:


Thank you for watching my vampire shows wink wink**


Happy valentines Day!


www.twitter.com/lyanipowers
Oh will you be mine?

1 comment: